The Agora first opened on March 31, 1913, as the Metropolitan Theatre. By 1932, the venue had turned into a vaudeville/burlesque house hosting “hoofers, comics and strippers.” Later, the venue became known as the Bijou Theatre, the Cleveland Grande, and then the Disastodrome. Cleveland became the home of Rock ‘n Roll at The Agora. While hosting a variety of radio stations from 1951-1978, including WHK, it was here that Cleveland disc jockey Alan Freed first coined the phrase “Rock ‘n’ Roll” for the world. In 2012, the re-development project was undertaken, converting and old office building to modern, new space that caters to entrepreneurial and startup companies. The building currently features a theater and stage for concerts, a restaurant, and 40,000 SF of office space.
Total Building SF: 57,000